It occurred to me that I haven’t done an intro post for this blog, so here it is. The delay in doing so was at least partly intentional (although laziness also played a role).
I set CriminOlly up in the first place because I’d written a review of Gytha Lodge’s debut novel and had nowhere to put it. I’d put too much effort into it to just stick it on GoodReads, it was too long for Instagram and the wrong genre for scifiandscary.com. So CriminOlly was born!
I’ve had time to live with the blog for a while now, and three more reviews have joined that initial one. Over the first month I’ve developed some ideas about what I want to use the site for:
- Reviews of new crime novels (duh!).
- Reviews of vintage crime novels – I love the old stuff as much if not more than the new, so hope to strike a balance between the two.
- A focus on first books – The crime genre is full of series, I’ll be featuring reviews of the first books in some of the notable ones.
- Crime fiction news – Sharing of stories that catch my eye from around the interwebs.
- Articles – Longer form pieces on particular aspects of the genre.
- Thriller corner – occasional reviews of thrillers that fall outside the crime genre.
How does that sound, crime fans? If there is anything else you’d like me to cover, just shout.
And before I go, here’s where you can find me around the web:
Sci Fi and Scary reviews: https://www.scifiandscary.com/author/olly_c/